1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello all chicken lovers!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by billio, Dec 8, 2015.

1. billio

billio New Egg

Dec 8, 2015
    I am new to this page and forums, will be fun learning and seeing how others do it... I had chickens since before I can remember, had a break while in the military 30 years. Started my flock after retirement with a adopted Catalana hen 1-2 year old; then picked up a 1 yr Catalana rooster and Rhoad Island Red hen. (pics will follow). Threw together a makeshift coop for the out of scrap wood used nails and Philippine moxie of my Father In Law. He knows more about chickens than I ever thought there was to know. Can any one verify my adopted chickens breed as Catalana???[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] To have someone answer your question, you might want to post in "What Breed Or Gender Is This?" Section of BYC. Good luck!

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and you are very welcome to our community here at BYC - sorry, I'm not an expert in chicken breeds so i really can't help out with that.

CT

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! How nice that you have been able to get your chicken adventures underway again no you have retired. I too would suggest you post your pics in the what breed gender section. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this
    I'm sure members there will be able to help you.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us.

Not a breed expert, hope they are what you wanted.

You are lucky to have a family member with experience.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your years of service and congrats on getting back to poultry.

It's nice to have you here!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for your years in service. I'm not familiar with that breed of chicken, though I've heard that name before. Do you live in the Philippines? I am pretty sure there is a thread dedicated to that area. Put the name in the search and hopefully it will come up. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

9. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by