Hello all from AZ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AZMotherHen, Aug 28, 2013.

1. AZMotherHen

AZMotherHen New Egg

Aug 28, 2013
    Think it was about time to become a member here. I love this site! Every time I had to figure something out I always came to BYC! Now I'm really in need of some help, I've been looking for mountain quail eggs, but I've only found some old posts. I'm starting up a small biz here in the valley of the sun for game birds. Seems there is a demand here for bobwhites and other related quail. So if anyone can point me in the right direction to some mountain quail eggs it would be much appreciated.

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

[​IMG]

There is an AZ thread you might check....

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] go to "where am I, where are you," tab in the social forum. You can locate your state thread and post on it. Hopefully someone I in your area will have what you are seeking.

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

5. AZMotherHen

AZMotherHen New Egg

Aug 28, 2013
    I'm not necessarily looking for a close place to get eggs I don't mind if they are shipped to me. I've done searches for mountain quail and have not found anyone. Every time I find a lead they had sold all the birds off. But thanks for the post! :)

Brandy

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, AZMotherHen, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Best wishes to you and your flock!

7. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Good luck on your search.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Try the 'Quail' section in the Other Backyard Poultry forum.

9. Ntsees

Ntsees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2012
    Quote:As an fyi if you don't already know, those birds lay eggs only in the spring and so eggs would be available during that time. Adults are usually sold in the fall and winter months and so you'll have to wait a few months if you want adults.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by