1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello all from Northern Arkansas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by radams, Dec 28, 2014.

1. radams

radams Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2014
    Arkansas
    Long time lurker but new member. I have learned so much from all the members here and just want to say thank you to everyone for all the great information on all the different breeds and husbandry for them. I am still in the planning stages for my poultry and have been dreaming of it for many years. Im retired military and currently still working overseas which provides me some down time to research and learn as much as I can before taking the leap. I have 15 acres that Im developing for my future small farm which will include several different animals, but my flock will be the first I start with. My plan is to start with a 10-15 hen layer flock to get my egg production going along with 25 cornish X for the first year meat. My ultimate goal is to breed SOP Rhode Island Reds(the kind my Grandparents had). I dont want to be too long winded on my first post, but just wanted to give a bit of background. Thanks again for helping out us newbies and hope to be able to contribute more in the future as my experience develops.

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Thank you for your service!

I hope you achieve your poultry dreams! Sounds like you have a lot!

My grandma also raised chickens. She was the one who inspired me to get my flock.

You should defiantly check out our learning center. Tons of helpful info to help get you started there.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Best of luck and glad you joined the flock![​IMG]

3. radams

radams Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2014
    Arkansas
    Thank you Sarah. Im sure I will learn much from the wonderful people here. Im glad to be a part of this knowledgeable community.

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    So glad you are a part of our community! You'll meet lots of helpful and friendly members here!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for your years in service. Welcome to Backyard Chickens. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

6. CrazyChookz

CrazyChookz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2012
    Chasing Chooks
    Hello and [​IMG]. We're glad to have you and please do not hesitate to ask anything. You're welcome, answering questions and helping each other out is what we do! I hope you enjoy chicken keeping and BYC.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

8. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  10. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you decided to join us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by