Hello all! I'm new on here today.

ILoveFarms

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 22, 2014
I've had chickens for almost a year and a half now and I love them! I'm expecting my 2nd batch of chicks any day now, super exited, but also nervous. I will be welcoming 6 EE girls, 6 Black Australorp girls, 1 Buff Orpington roo, and one surprise chick. I currently have 3 Speckled Sussex. Thank you for welcoming me!

-ILoveFarms

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
Welcome to our flock. Glad you joined.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you are putting together a nice little flock, hope the new ones all arrive safely!

Thank you! I've always read the blogs since I got chickens, but never thought about joining until now. I ALWAYS have questions!

Thank you, me too! We eat a lot of eggs around my house and 3 hens are just not cutting it. Lol!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on the soon to be new babies! I hope they arrive to you safely! When they do arrive, dip the beaks in the water first thing and withhold food until everybody is hydrated. This will help to prevent pasty butt which is caused from stress and dehydration from the shipping.

Enjoy your new babies and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Make sure the brooder is set up completely before the chicks arrive. Dip their beaks in warm water with a little sugar added to it. Check for pasty butt too. Also, remember to lower the temp by 5 degrees each week.

Hope they arrive safely!

Back
Top Bottom