hello all, just joined this morning

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MsMelvin, Mar 15, 2009.

1. MsMelvin

MsMelvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Accidently bumped into site while searching for info on my girls, 5 Rhodie girls, they are beautiful, happy and spoiled rotten : ) Hatched last June.

Most of what I have learned came from this wonderful site, from their coop security to the auto feeder that hangs on the outside of the door...what a space saver not to mention no more wasted food! I hate when they poop in it! : )

I now find myself reading some of your informative posting every week end. Thank you all for sharing!

My other critters include 2 Labbies, 1 G. Shepherd, 3 tiger cats a parrot and a couple of fat goldfish : ) Whole food chain....LOL

Thanks again, Sally

2. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Welcome

3. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Sally,
    Welcome to BYC!
    [​IMG]

4. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    Welcome!!!!

5. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Welcome to BYC MsMelvin Sally! You have some kind of mighty discipline to read only on the weekends. Best of health to you, your family and your 5 Rhode Island Reds!

6. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Welcome!!!

Only on weekends, huh?? That will soon change.... now that you've officially joined, you're ready to take the next step [​IMG]

7. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    [​IMG]

8. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you found us, sounds like you have a wonderful houseful. [​IMG]

9. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    WELCOME!!! [​IMG]

10. MsMelvin

MsMelvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Thank you all for welcoming me into your group! I feel like a fellow feathered freind already : )

I do have a question though; not sure if I need to find a particular section to post or not...

I've been considering a roo...however don't want my girls pestered continually and loosing beautiful feathers but do want to let them free range this summer while we are home. A freind said a roo will protect them.

Also want a FREINDLY RIR roo...(if I decide in favor) is that possible?

Can anyone share their thoughts on pros and cons of roos (and am I supposed to ask my question in a different area of this site? )
    Sally

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by