1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello all, new here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bfriches, Feb 15, 2015.

1. bfriches

bfriches New Egg

Feb 15, 2015
    hello there brand new to this just brought home my chicks the other day. Doing a lot of reading and investigation. Learning a lot of great things. I am very excited to be doing this

2. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    welcome to BYC, I enjoy this site !!!

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Congrats on your new chicks! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on raising your new chicks and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators. I will include an article on raising your baby chicks and the link to our entire learning center...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...ks-the-first-60-days-of-raising-baby-chickens

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy your new babies!! If you have any questions about them at any time, please feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate Raising chicks is such a rewarding experience as you care and nurture them into adult birds. Watching their personalities develop is fantastic and quite amusing too as they learn things.
    Wishing you the very best of luck with them and definatly drop by the great links TwoCrows has left for you. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

Good luck with your new chicks! What breeds did you get?

6. Urban Flock

Urban Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Southern Oregon
    Welcome to BYC. This site will be a huge blessing to you as you raise your chicks. Tons of helpful information and super friendly members always willing to help.
    I would recommend two books to consider. Raising Chickens for Dummies and Chicken Health for Dummies. They both were and still are my go to books for help. They helped prepare me in more ways than one when I started out with chicks. There are tons of chicken books out there but the two mentioned cover the basics. A friend turned me on to these and I am so thankful for them.
    Good Luck with your new chicks.

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] I'm glad you joined us.

Good luck with your new chicks! I hope you can find all the answers to your questions.[​IMG]

8. bfriches

bfriches New Egg

Feb 15, 2015
    I have two barred rocks and a California white

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

10. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in a PM!!

Good luck with the flock!!

-Turkenstein25

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by