Hello all!!! Newbie here.

Fly Be Free

Songster
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
South Carolina
I've had chickens before and loads of them but never really cared about what breed they were. I just loved having them. :)

But now (dun dun dun) I have purchased a bator.
big_smile.png

I have one 4 year old hen that still gives me eggs. Well, she did til I moved her to the barn anway. LOL That was recent.

I also purchased some bantams. These guys had never been on soil and were about 6 months old. They are now a year. I didn't know what kind they were and didn't care. They were adorable and needed to "scratch" on something other than wire.

I'd love for someone to tell me what Elvis, Rusty and Sandi are. Sorry that Rusty and Sandi's pic is so blurred. They are in perpetual motion.

Here are some pics.
This is Elvis I was hoping to get him a new girlfriend as his was determined to hang with the dog. NOT a good decision on her part.This is Rusty. He has a girlfriend. :) Sandi. This next pic is of Rusty and Sandi with the older hen.

Elvis looks like an Old English Game, Rusty & friend possibly same or Seramas, I dunno, last bird looks like Cochin mix, my cochins have similar combs/faces.

Welcome to BYC!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks ya'll!!
frow.gif

That sexlink does look mixed doesn't she. You know, they didn't have feathered feet but the fluffiest bottoms with short tails. She's the last of about 6 that we had. She's a good girl.

I was out on the front porch last summer and I heard her making long cooing sounds and just laying in her pen. I knew that she was lonely and convinced the guy at the feed store to sell me his birds seeings how he wasn't doing anything with them. She was only a tad onery at first but clucked away the whole first day. :)

Since then she began laying again. She's happy now that she has company.

Now off to find out what these bantams are worth. I have NO idea and need to find out before I go and hatch their eggs.

looks like some undubbed oegb or serma's and the last pic looks like a black sex link

1st is a black (i think, could be blue but the lighting on him doesnt help)
2nd a black breasted red
3rd black breasted red and eaither his mate or a wheaten hen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom