Hello all other flock lovers:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ket806, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ket806

ket806 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2012
    Well hello! I am "the crazy chicken lady" from Lubbock Texas LOL! I have a flock of just back yard chickens but now I am just starting in show:) my interests are polish,silkies,Millie fluer, and frizzles! I would love any information to help me branch out in show and of course any leads on where I can get chicks or eggs close to where I am!:) really appriciate everything and look forward to speaking with everyone:)!!

2. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    Mille fleur is just the coloration/pattern, it is present in many breeds. What breed are you speaking of? I do not show but love love love my flock. I am the "crazy chicken lady" in my town so I understand the passion.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. ket806

Dec 7, 2012
    Hello maidenwolfx80 thanks for your reply! Honestly the only breeds I am really familure with are rir Dominique's silkies and polish still learning on all the other cuties!! I was lookin for a porcelain colored feather footed Cochin bantam I was told they were called Millie's but again I am still learning:) here's a pic of a roo like the ones I'm talkin about:) http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...Wf9oDIBA&ved=0CCkQBSgA&biw=320&bih=356#miuv=0
    I love the flock I have now and even my duck flock I just figured I'd get my daughter into show(so Im not 100% crazy chicken lady haha)

5. ket806

Dec 7, 2012
    Well much abliged redsoxs!!!!! I will get started on looking at the site:) again thank you!!!!

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. maidenwolfx80

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    Not a problem with learning at all. This is a wonderful forum for that. Like I said mille fleur is the color, many different breeds have the coloration mille fleur. And some people/ places confuse others by calling a breed mille. Here is one of my Belgian D'uccle's in the mille fleur
    [​IMG]

Porcelain is porcelain. I love that color too.
    All cochins are feather footed, I love the feather footed breeds. This little hen is a feather foot breed. Some people call the D'uccle a mille and that is how they confuse people. some people dont know that it is just a coloration and the breed is a belgian bearded D'uccle. The link you provided shows porcelain D'uccles. Even looking it up online you can search mille fleur and find the d'uccle. It is a pet peeve lol. Now that you have this info you can better look for the breed and coloration you want.

8. ket806

Dec 7, 2012
    Thanks sumi:))

9. ket806

Dec 7, 2012
    Love your hen absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for clearing that I heard d'uccle before and it always was intertwined with Millie! Now I understand:)) maybe I can find some I might even think about some like your hen she is stunning:)

10. maidenwolfx80

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    Thank you. I love D'uccles. I have a buff columbian D'uccle also. the breed is super tiny and very feathered.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by