1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cudanator, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Cudanator

Cudanator New Egg

Sep 16, 2015
    I am new to backyard chickens and new to chickens. I got my first group of 4 red star hens about a month ago, and I love them! They are so much fun. I never would have guessed that chickens had so much personality and sass. I think there is a good chance that I'll end up a crazy chicken lady :) [​IMG]

2. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You came to the right place! At least here you are surrounded by other "crazy chicken ladies" (and guys too)!

3. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Welcome to BYC! Good choice, very well egg layers of brown eggs. My favorite is the Black Australorp. There's a lot of us that are crazy chicken/ poultry people. I'm known in my school for my knowledge in poultry and people know I raise chickens, ducks, and peafowl (peacocks). I get peafowl tame and used to people. I also show peafowl. This is my yearling White peacock Ice. Next fall he will grow a beautiful White train around 4' 6".
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Grand Champion in Showmanship and Quality.

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Red Sex Links are great! I have 3 of them in my mixed flock and they not only are the best layers, they have the most personality of all my birds. They are curious and into everything they can find. I've heard the Black Sex Links are great layers too but haven't had any of those yet.

Have fun with your flock and if you have questions, always feel free to ask!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC glad you joined the flock [​IMG]

6. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    South Australia
    Hello and welcome to BACK YARD CHICKENS!!!!!! From Australia.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by