Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by xxsarahxx, Feb 19, 2016.

1. xxsarahxx

xxsarahxx New Egg

Feb 19, 2016
    Milton keynes
    Hi all iv never used a site like this before but I think will help me enormously! I have 4 chickens iv had them for nearly a year now and a 2 months ago I noticed my Rangers back end was missing a few feathers then I noticed more and more feathers out now she is bald a red round her back end it looks horrible! Like an allergy to something?? She's totally not bothered by it but I want to get her looking back to normal does anyone know what has caused this? All other chickens are fine? If anyone knows why would be a great help

2. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] Thanks for joining us!! Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with your hen, I hope she's okay. I also hope someone else can help you figure out what's wrong with her and that it's easily fixed. Good luck!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Is she the only one with bald areas? Do you have a rooster with your flock? Sometimes they cause a lot of damage through breeding. If your other birds are untouched, they may be the ones plucking her feathers. Could this be the start of her molt? You may like to post on the e/r thread. They are sometimes much better at offering suggestions.

5. CochinLover1

CochinLover1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2015
    Ohio
    That does sound like breeding marks.

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. You have some good advice already, so i'll just say hello.

Good luck
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by