Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bantylife, Apr 25, 2016.

1. bantylife

bantylife New Egg

Apr 25, 2016
    Hey everyobe I'm eddie. I just signed up and I'm glad to be here. I keep bantys mostly. Look forward to meeting everyo e

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre (even if you have lots of experience)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Eddy, glad you joined Backyard chickens [​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. ineedafix

ineedafix Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2016
    Hi chicken friends. I am totally new to raising chickens. I have 6 little ones (pullets I think). Have had them for 10 days now. I am excited to be learning from everyone. So glad I found backyardchickens! [​IMG]

6. ineedafix

Apr 21, 2016
    Awesome!! Thank you!!

7. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    :welcome

8. LittleBrownie

LittleBrownie Queen of Stache

Sep 30, 2014
    California
    Welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining!

9. ineedafix

Apr 21, 2016
    Ok, so I am going to try this, not quite sure how all of this works. I joined in April. Had 6 little chicks at the time. Lost one due to heat, I think. Put them all on antibiotics to be sure. They have all been doing just fine, all Barred Rock. One of them just started laying her first eggs last week. She laid 5 in 5 days. Two days ago, no egg. Saw them all eating something "clear" in the run. Wasn't sure what to think of it. Checked out "Mae". She looked fine, was acting fine. Could not feel an egg inside her. Just figured it was a hormonal thing. This am when I went to the run she came out with the others, seemed fine, then whoops, a small amount of clear came out of her vent. Checked her out. Slightly dirty feathers, but other than that, she seems fine. Is this just a hiccup in in the laying process or do I need to do something more proactive? Comb is good, appetite seems fine, she talks and walks fine. Just don't want to lose another one. I hope someone answers . . .

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas

For medical advice I might be a good idea if you posted in this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by