1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ScooterPie65, Jun 10, 2016.

1. ScooterPie65

ScooterPie65 New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    Houston, Texas
    Just wanted to introduce myself to everything be and admin. Scott here in Houston.

I'm recently retired (disabled/arthritis) and after 2 years of retirement and searching for a hobby I've finally found my niche in my finch aviaries and hope to expand to a small urban coop with a few urban yard birds by next summer.

I was so glad to stumble across this site and forum. I've been searching for a community to learn and share with for weeks without much luck. But 20 minutes here and I felt right at home.

I will spend some time reviewing the rules and exploring the forum. I'm sure most of my time this summer will be in the pets forum but hope to glean enough knowledge and courage to start a coop by next spring.

ScooterPie65

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    Hello there Scott and welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

You sure have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! Not only are we bursting at the seams with knowledge, but we are all passionate about birds!

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of great articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry... https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

So make yourself at home here. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our roost Scott! :)

3. ScooterPie65

ScooterPie65 New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks TwoCrows and I'm really enjoying all the reading. What a nice group!

(I'll have to log on with my laptop instead of this pad to avoid type oh's like wanting to "introduce myself to everything") snort

Can we edit post for a period after its out there?

Thanks again for the welcome!

S.

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello Scott and welcome to our community. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  5. TwoCrows

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    Yes, I prefer using a laptop to type. I don't know how people do a lot of typing on a tablet or phone. I am all fumble fingers on those small spaces. Keyboards for me! Ha!

Yes, you can edit a post later on however I believe after one week you are unable?? I can't remember. [​IMG] However if you ever need to change something or edit something out and the edit time has passed, you can always contact me and I can change it for you. (I am a moderator here. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. ScooterPie65

ScooterPie65 New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks CT! It's been a while since I've immersed myself in a fight rum community and immlooking forward to meeting everyone.

S.

7. ScooterPie65

ScooterPie65 New Egg

Jun 10, 2016
    Houston, Texas
    I was looking the FAQ's for that answer and I assume it's a time and/or rep thing. No worries.... The older I get the less I worry about the little things. :p

8. TwoCrows

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    Look no further for old.... [​IMG] Here here! Ha!

1 person likes this.
  9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by