Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GardenBird, Jun 22, 2016.

1. GardenBird

GardenBird Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Colorado
    First-time keeper and month-long stalker of BYC! I'm glad to have joined so that I can ultimately get opinions on my feather babies, but I'm super excited to make some friends in the BYC community! I hope to get along swimmingly with keeping and even better with you guys!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on getting started with your chicken adventures :clap What breeds have you started out with? I'm sure you will make lots of new friends here on BYC, everyone here to help you along the way.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy your time here :frow

3. GardenBird

GardenBird Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Colorado
    Thank you kindly! I really look forward to all of this!
    About my chickies, I'm pretty sure that the three we have are a White Leghorn, Barred Rock and I think we have a Welsummer. [​IMG]

But I'll post inquiries about them later :)

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Aww... they are adorable! I think you are correct on the ID too. You will have a colorful basket of eggs with these breeds!

You have certainly come to the right place to make chicken friends....there are nearly a half million members here on BYC! And we ALL love to talk about our birds. Ha!

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our roost! :)

5. GardenBird

GardenBird Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Colorado
    Thank you! It's nice to have somewhere to obsess over chickens! And thanks again for the warm welcome! ^^

1 person likes this.
  6. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Well
    @GardenBird I am happy you joined us here at BYC and I am happy you are exited to make a bunch of friends here. This site is great for making close knit relationships and helping others with fitting in and adjusting. Since you said you were new the best place for you is the Learning Center. That link is here. The Learning Center is great for old and new, experienced and more experienced and all the chicken raisers in between. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center I hope you enjoy the Learning Center and learn a bunch from there. If you need any more help our Raising Backyard Chickens forum is great for you. I hope you have a great time here on BYC!
    Justin

7. GardenBird

GardenBird Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Colorado
    Thank you kindly! I will use it to my advantage! And I truly appreciate the welcoming and help!

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens.

10. atower2

atower2 Just Hatched

Jun 21, 2016
    I'm new too and welcome. Everyone has been so friendly here. I think I've found my extended chicken family and hope you will too.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by