Hello all!!!

Jeschel

Chirping
Mar 23, 2018
Hi my fellow chicken keepers,
I have been into chickens in the past, but about 2 yrs ago got back into chickens when they lifted the ban in keeping chickens in my local neighborhood where I live. So after learning about this wonderful group I joined Backyardchickens yesterday!

I’m happy to be surrounded with people that love chickens and other poultry as much as I do. It’s hard to find chicken people where I live in So. Cal so I feel honored here.

I started out with 4 hens; 2 White Delaware’s and 2 Golden Sex link, but after a coyote attack last Oct 12 I ended up with only 2 GSL :-(.
One of the GSL I had to suture up as the coyote tore it up badly and with some vet surgery skills it survived and is back laying eggs almost everyday! ;-)!

I have an old 12’L x 4’W x 6’H all heavy wire aviary that I turned into a chicken coop.
I am planning on making the end about 4 feet long of the 12 long aviary the hen house, but raising the floor 2 feet off the ground so that I don’t lose the 12 foot run.
Any comment or suggestions how I should go about it please let me know. I’m open to all suggestions.
Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Thank you,
Benjamin

:frow
chicken and egg roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom