hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pinkchickgal, Sep 15, 2009.

1. pinkchickgal

pinkchickgal New Egg

Sep 15, 2009
    Hi i'm a new member.
    Could anyone point me in the right direction of a thread recommending which type of chicken is best for a newby.
    I would need a quiet chicken as I wouldn't want to upset the neighbours. We are semi rural, in cheshire. I am looking for 2 hens.
    Many thanks.
    pinkchickgal...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] from Texas.

Try the Breeds section. There are also many posts about this as well, so maybe do a search for quiet chicken.

Good luck!

3. Luvin Life

Luvin Life Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    [​IMG] from IN. You can do a search in the upper left hand side of your screen. You can use the index also. That should get you started. I am sure someone will jump in with more help.

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. Try the breeds chart, look for threads in the section "Breeds, ...." where peopl have discussed thier chickens breeds, check Feathersite, check (my favorite....) Henderson's Chicken Breed Chart. There are more. My Wyandottes are pretty big but not very noisy, my EE is a bit shy and mostly quiet. Neighbors have not compalined and I live in town.....Just no roosters allowed here, I'd guess that you can't have them either....Good luck with your chicken search.

5. Birchwood

Birchwood Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Southern Vermont
    [​IMG] Welcome from VT. The breeds chart has been so helpful for me, also a newbie this year.

6. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

[​IMG] from England!! [​IMG]

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by