Hello all...!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chiken lil, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Chiken lil

Chiken lil New Egg

Dec 11, 2012
    Hello All! Like u, i am also a chicken lover. my experience and love for chickens started a few years ago when i had my first 2 chickens (or the only ones i can recall) one of them, the female, was an egyption chicken. sadly her companion was attacked by dogs at night and she had 2 live through a lot of hopeless times in which v all thought she would surely die. now [​IMG] i hv lost her (dogs attacked). with a severe devastating mistake constantly comming back to me i tried my best 2 get my mind off her...passing...so got more chickens but now hv a huge problem on my hand...

2. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Hi chiken lil and Welcome to BYC!!! I'm sorry to hear about your loss and glad to hear that you are getting back into chickens!!! What breeds do you have?

Nate

3. Chiken lil

Chiken lil New Egg

Dec 11, 2012
    hello nate! its kind of u for sharing my grief and as for your question about breeds...well i dont exactly remember. currently iv got a belgian rooster with 2 egyption hens and the third breed i dont remember.

4. Chiken lil

Chiken lil New Egg

Dec 11, 2012
    one more thing, the reason why i came here: the new chickens i hv bought are now getting along with the whole group but one of them got hurt somehow. when i came back i saw her lying on the ground in my garden next to the pen built for the chickens but her leg was turning blue-ish-y. right now i hv seperated her from the others and brought her where it is warm and am currently giving her food plus water. however i am worried about her condition as she is shaking. apparantly lazy and lethargic she is no longer as active or HYPER as before. infact she has stopped limping and i hv wrapped a cloth around her leg. any advice anyone?

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    1 person likes this.
  6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck to you!!

7. luvmychicken

luvmychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Southwest Louisiana
    From one NEWBEE to another. Welcome from Louisiana

8. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] x2 on sumi's advise.

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG] , glad you joined us - good luck with your hen

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by