Hello and Big Thanks from Waxahachie, TX. (South of Dallas)

Chicken Chaperone

Songster
10 Years
Dec 18, 2009
Ellis County (NE) Texas
I guess I should have started here and introduced myself but instead I just jumped into another thread and started firing off questions about a chicken concern I had. So now I am backtracking and saying, "hello everybody!" from Waxahachie, TX. (which is about 1/2 hr. south of Dallas/Ft. Worth).

As some of y'all know already, I am a foster-mom of a Plymouth Barred Rock chicken. She lives next door to us and her people's house burned down at the beginning of September. The house was a total loss but thankfully all the folks and pets (and the chicken) escaped harm. The house had to be torn down and our neighbors have relocated across town while they wait for their house to be rebuilt. That's how I came to fall in love with their chicken, Henrietta. I offered to take care of her with no clue of how much I was going to fall in love with her personality, her funny moods, her happy chicken noises and with very little idea of what caring for a chicken actually entailed. I just knew I wanted to help relieve our neighbor's stress in any way I could and now, 3 1/2 months later, we are considering getting our own chickens come spring time 2010. I'm as hooked as I could be and look forward to my time with Henrietta each day.

I feel like I've learned so much from y'all here already but I know that's just the tip of the iceberg compared to the things I have yet to learn. But most of all I'm just grateful that y'all are here and are so welcoming and so kind to share your great information and ideas and personal experience. I've been reading this forum for a while now but I think it's time to introduce myself and say a big thank you!! Without even knowing it, y'all have talked me down off the ledge when I first saw Henrietta start moulting, the first time I saw her eat a snake, the first time she ate styrofoam and all the other things that totally panicked this first time chicken mom. lol! This forum has become my sanity touchstone and I come here whenever I have questions which seems to be all the darn time! lol!

So thank you! Thank you for your kind welcomes, thank you for all the wonderful information, thank you for your enthusiasm and support, thank you for being here! Y'all rock and I feel very blessed to have found you!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom