Hello and Button Quail Newbie from Texas

chance&augie

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
Greater Houston Area
Newbie to button quails. One male, one female named Chance and Augie, the Duke and Duchess. The duchess so far laid 9 eggs and shove them in a corner of their residence. Don't have an incubator so not sure what to do with the eggs. I'd like to leave them and try to give them a shot of natural incubation, but from what I read so far, it is a long shot. Look forward to learn from the experiences and knowledge of others in the forum. Thanks!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from NW Georgia!! We are very glad that you have joined our flock! Know that the answers to any of your poultry questions are only a post and click away
smile.png
Enjoy!!

Welcome! i recently adopted a few coturnix. I enjoy quail. They are so different than chickens and yet...not so different that it's all different. kinda. (you know what I mean. )

True, the Chinese Blue Breasted Quail can be tricky to get to incubate their own eggs, HOwever, with the proper food, light, water, and cage enviroment it can be done. They are monogamous and prefer to be paired off. For years they have been kept in colonies or trios... moving away from that thinking into pairs I think more people are seeing them incubate their own eggs. GOOD LUCK!

WELCOME!!!!

Back
Top Bottom