Hello and good morning

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rodewarrior, Mar 12, 2017.

1. rodewarrior

rodewarrior Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2017
    Alger, Michigan
    Found and joined site a couple days ago, just getting around to posting here. Been working on a new coop for my babies, I have the structure up, just need to cover all the open spaces now (pic) it will house a flock of mixed birds. I have 4 chicks each of: California Whites, Corny-ish Rocks, Columbian Rocks, and Rhode Island Reds. [​IMG]

2. chameleon

chameleon Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! Enjoy your new flock!

3. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    [​IMG]
    Nice coop so far! How old are your chicks? Sounds like you have a cool flock. Welcome to BYC, you can find lots of info here, and the members are really nice.
    :)

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, rodewarrior, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

5. rodewarrior

rodewarrior Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2017
    Alger, Michigan
    My birds are... Uhhh.... Well let's say they're 4-days old at my house. I got them at TSC last Thursday and the Californians look like "[​IMG]Big Sisters"
    Using reclaimed pallets for the coop build

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Nice, they are very cute! I love the pallet idea, we were thinking about doing that but it didn't work out. Well, I hope to see more pictures! Enjoy the babies while they last [​IMG] Before you know it, you'll be getting more eggs than you know what to do with!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under rodewarrior [​IMG] Welcome!

The coop is looking good and your bubbies are too cute!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

9. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

10. rodewarrior

rodewarrior Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2017
    Alger, Michigan
    Morning already[​IMG] I'm thinking I'll need a lot of coffee today, but I've started out with cinnamon, honey, lemon tea... Got a cough started up last night[​IMG]
    Lilly, my mischievous four legged beast decided that 03:30 was perfect time to wake me up to take her outside.
    So now I'm sipping tea with a 60 lb SAD (spoiled *** dog) sitting on my lap, next to the brooder.
    Modify.... Had to add a side window so Lilly can watch"her babies" lol[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by