Hello and my new chickies (with pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by texasrachel, Oct 14, 2009.

1. texasrachel

texasrachel New Egg

Aug 16, 2009
    We got our order from Ideal last week. And they're so cute. 25 and all survived. Until yesterday. One of our silkies died. The empty water bottle fell on top of her Sunday and she never quite recovered from it. [​IMG] Broke my DD's heart b/c that was her pet chicken.

We ordered
    Assorted Heavy St Run and got: 3 Red Broilers, 3 Ameraucanas, 3 Barred Rock, 3 Dark Cornish
    Surprise Special Pullet and got: 1 Ameraucana, 1 W. Leghorn, and 1 Black ?Something? the writing looks like SLK or S/L. Maybe a silkie, but none of them seem small enough to be another silkie.
    4 Black Australorps
    4 Ameraucanas
    and 2 Red Silkie Bantam Straight Run (these were to be the "pets" versus the others that are egg/meat chickens).

So are Ameraucanas considered Heavies then? I was expecting more broilers and cornishes. We'll see how we like all of our Ameraucanas. [​IMG]

And now for the pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the 2 silkies were in a separate container when I took these a couple of days ago.

And they all seem to have recovered from my 2yo "play chickie" yesterday, ie take them all out and let them run around the garage.

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] If you got Americaunas from a hatchery then they are Easter Eggers not true Americaunas. Just so you'll know, but they are still very nice birds.

Have fun!

3. cinnamongirl

cinnamongirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2009
    Deltona
    What cuties! Congrats! [​IMG]

4. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    [​IMG] Enjoy your babies!!

5. fasbendera