Hello BackYard chickedees

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sierrachick, Nov 9, 2011.

1. sierrachick

sierrachick New Egg

Nov 9, 2011
    Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am sierrachick, AKA Diana Owens, owner of Sierra Hay & Feed in Lincoln, California. (For those unfamiliar, that's about 30 miles from downtown Sacramento in beautiful northern California.) I have owned and raised chickens in a backyard flock and for our children's 4-H projects, although I currently own none due to heavy predation by the local racoons and other critters. We do have many customers who have backyard flocks for fun and profit. We have contact with lots of owners and they have questions, some that we can't answer. Thus, I will be checking the forums to help get the good info out!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? We purchase live chicks to sell throughout the spring and summer months from Ideal Poultry in Texas, and it was in an email from them that I learned about this Website.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Personally, I am a longtime horse owner--my true first love. We have also been active raising commercial and purebred Angus cattle. Just now, I am enjoying my first Border Collie, a male 16 months old. What a kick he is! By far the smartest animal I have ever owned. He's full of personality. My customers love to watch his antics around the store.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG] from Somerset in the foothills! I LOVE seeing a local feed store person joining BYC! Heck, I love seeing any local person joining, but my favorite feed store employees don't seem to avail themselves of this excellent forum. One gal always asks me to "ask [my] chicken people" about things. I sold her some of my chicks because the store doesn't sell Cochins. <*grin*>. She also buys fertile eggs when her hens go broody, despite their "mutt" status.

I think it's so cool you have joined us! Welcome!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  4. Kickin.Cowgirl

Kickin.Cowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    Hi! [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

6. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Welcome to BYC!

7. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us!

10. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
    Hi from Kentucky! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by