Chickens Forever

Chirping
Jun 13, 2019
Hello, everyone!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Not new to chickens, had them for most of my life. I first got some baby chicks when I was a little girl and it was love at first peep!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I currently have two mama hens who are co-parenting 10 chicks! <3

(3) What breeds do you have?

Coronation Sussex, Jubilee Orpington, Lavender Orpington, Ayam Cemani, Silkie, Black Copper Marans and Welsummer!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love to watch them, feed them, cuddle with them and love them more every day.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love cooking, baking, gardening and spending time in online communities with others who share similar interests.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am married, we are both physicians and we also love cats and pugs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have known about BYC for years. I found you guys when researching some rare and unusual chicken issues, and I am so grateful for the wisdom and insight shared by other chicken lovers here. I have no doubt that countless chick and hen and roo lives have been saved due to the wealth of information shared here over the years. I've finally signed up to share some of my recent experiences, because there isn't much info out there on co-parenting hens or non-broodies accepting chicks, and what info is out there is conflicting. I am hoping that maybe my contributions could help others, and I am looking forward to learning and making new friendships here, too. Oh, and also, I can't wait to spam you all with cute pics of my featherbabies and fawning over all of yours! :love

Thanks for having me as a member! I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hello, everyone!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Not new to chickens, had them for most of my life. I first got some baby chicks when I was a little girl and it was love at first peep!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I currently have two mama hens who are co-parenting 10 chicks! <3

(3) What breeds do you have?

Coronation Sussex, Jubilee Orpington, Lavender Orpington, Ayam Cemani, Silkie, Black Copper Marans and Welsummer!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love to watch them, feed them, cuddle with them and love them more every day.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love cooking, baking, gardening and spending time in online communities with others who share similar interests.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am married, we are both physicians and we also love cats and pugs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have known about BYC for years. I found you guys when researching some rare and unusual chicken issues, and I am so grateful for the wisdom and insight shared by other chicken lovers here. I have no doubt that countless chick and hen and roo lives have been saved due to the wealth of information shared here over the years. I've finally signed up to share some of my recent experiences, because there isn't much info out there on co-parenting hens or non-broodies accepting chicks, and what info is out there is conflicting. I am hoping that maybe my contributions could help others, and I am looking forward to learning and making new friendships here, too. Oh, and also, I can't wait to spam you all with cute pics of my featherbabies and fawning over all of yours! :love

Thanks for having me as a member! I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

I have had chickens for over 3 years now. I started off with 6. A hawk took one, and then there were 5 easter eggers. We just adored them. They were great layers. After 3 years they gracefully became soup stock. Now I have 3 red cross and 3 Jersey giants (that were supposed to be black australorpes). I love watching them flutter and scratch around my yard. Something about it just brings me feelings of tranquility. They are very spoiled. I (personally) like to give them the best quality life (quality feed, room to explore and hunt, nice shelter) and humanely process them before they experience any pains of old age. My other hobbies include: oil painting, refinishing old furniture, gardening, beekeeping, camping, sewing, knitting, etc.

Back
Top Bottom