Hello BYC! New Chickie Mom to 5

kekstrom

Chirping
Mar 21, 2016
Southern Oregon
Hi ya'll! Just started my chicken journey and these 5 have made me a chickie mom.
frow.gif

1. Rose, an EE pullet. I was crossing my fingers for a pale chick, and she is perfect!

2. Ethel, our Barred Rock pullet.

3. Lucy, our Buff Orpington pullet.

4. Lacey, our Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet.

5. Goldie, (my impulse buy- avoid the bantam bin at all costs!!!!) she is most likely a Gold Laced Cochin Bantam, and we are calling her a 'she' but time will tell. Mystery chick.

Anyways, I am very excited to start this new chapter of having chickens. I have 2 more chickies coming in May, once these are moved outside to the coop... a Black Australorp chick and then a Light Brahma chick... and if I can avoid the bantam bin, that will be all for now.
thumbsup.gif

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC. Your chicks look adorable!

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
CT

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC. Your chicks look adorable!

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
CT

Thanks CT!

I will check that out. I have stalked BYC for the last few months off and on to help educate myself. I am such a learner, so I always appreciate information! Thank you!

Welcome to BYC! Your chicks are adorable and what great breeds you picked out! I hope your chicken journeys are fun and don't hesitate to ask questions. It looks like you are doing a great job with your chicks so far! :)

Back
Top Bottom