Hello BYC

ncrymes07

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am brand new to raising chickens. We moved to a house with 2 acres that already had a chicken coop. Since our three year old son is obsessed with animals we bought him some chickens from Tractor Supply at Easter. We bought 8. One died after a couple days and two got eaten by the dogs before we could find the hole. We have since ordered more.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

23 (18 babies, 4 hens (not moms) and 1 rooster (by accident). I guess we bought unsexed. Had no idea ... like I said it was a whim purchase.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Uh ... tractor supply didn’t know ... but by research I think we have 2 Dominiques or 2 Plymouth Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Red and 1 bantam rooster who is black and white (no idea). Our babies ... 6 Welsummer (2 Roosters 4 females), 7 Wyadonettes (4 black and Gold, 3 black and white), 4 Cinnamon

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Every time I google a question about chickens these forums come up.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Snowboarding, Playing Soccer, and doing ANYTHING with my family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a 1 year old (Easton) and a three year old (Carson) and a wonderful husband (DT) who is a police officer. I am a teacher and a soccer coach. We have three dogs (2 rescued blue heeler mix dogs - Levi and Wrangler and 1 Cavalier King Charles - Nova). We also just bought two horses (10 year old quarter horse/thoroughbred - Santana and a 1 year old paint - Arabella.

Hello & welcome to the site!
farmer conning thx 4 joining.jpg

Back
Top Bottom