Hello! Can 2 week old goslings eat finisher pellets? The nearest feed store ran out of chick crumbles...

Gooseboy04

Chirping
Nov 21, 2021
I have three 2 week old Chinese goslings that have been eating chick crumbles for 2 weeks now, but when I ran out of feed, I ran to the nearest feed store and was told that there were no more chick crumbles, so I bought finisher pellets instead. The pellets aren't very big and pretty small. I would appreciate some help. Thanks!

FinisherPellets.png

Can you post a photo of the nutritional label?

While you've been feeding the chick starter, have you already been supplementing with niacin? Chick starter doesn't contain enough for growing goslings, but nutritional yeast or a niacin supplement can be offered. It's very important for proper development, particularly leg development.

While you've been feeding the chick starter, have you already been supplementing with niacin? Chick starter doesn't contain enough for growing goslings, but nutritional yeast or a niacin supplement can be offered. It's very important for proper development, particularly leg development.

Yes, I do add Solgar brewer's yeast powder for extra niacin.

Yes, I do add Solgar brewer's yeast powder for extra niacin.
Niacin isn’t all they need, goslings also need higher protein than chicks and chick start often isn’t enough for them.
For example chick start on average has 18% protein, a gosling needs 20it may not seem like a big difference but it is.

I don’t think the pellets will choke them at this age, but you can always soak them with a little water to soften them up, just remember to change the feed daily to prevent mold growth.

They should be switched to a flock raiser type feed.

Niacin isn’t all they need, goslings also need higher protein than chicks and chick start often isn’t enough for them.
For example chick start on average has 18% protein, a gosling needs 20it may not seem like a big difference but it is.

I don’t think the pellets will choke them at this age, but you can always soak them with a little water to soften them up, just remember to change the feed daily to prevent mold growth.

They should be switched to a flock raiser type feed.
Okay, thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom