Hello, can anyone with more knowledge in ameriacania.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by turtlebird2, Mar 14, 2016.

1. turtlebird2

turtlebird2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2016
    Penticton B.C.
    Can anyone give me an idea of the sex on my ameriacania chicks, mottled are 5 weeks and solids are 4 weeks. Thx[​IMG]

2. turtlebird2

Mar 14, 2016
    Penticton B.C.
    [​IMG]

3. turtlebird2

Mar 14, 2016
    Penticton B.C.
    [​IMG]

4. turtlebird2

Mar 14, 2016
    Penticton B.C.
    [​IMG]

5. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    So far all of your Easter Eggers look like pullets, still early though.

6. turtlebird2

Mar 14, 2016
    Penticton B.C.
    I was sold these chicks as purebred Ameriacanias. How do you tell the difference between EE and ameriacania?

7. likkatron

likkatron Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2015
    I was sold these chicks as purebred Ameriacanias. How do you tell the difference between EE and ameriacania?[/quote
    Just go ahead and Google the differences, and I'm sorry to say that they do not look like amerecaunas. 99% of the time the breeder either thinks they have amerecaunas, or they know they don't have them but take advantage of it, either way most people end up with EE's not amerecaunas.
    I was lucky to get my amerecauna girl from a reputable breeder who is well known for her amerecaunas, and I did research to make sure I was not getting scammed (with or without the breeder knowing).
    Here's one website you could use, but there's a lot of them since most people think they get amerecaunas but end up with EE's.
    http://www.motherearthnews.com/home...raucana-and-easter-egg-chickens-zbcz1408.aspx

8. likkatron

likkatron Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2015

Just go ahead and Google the differences, and I'm sorry to say that they do not look like amerecaunas. 99% of the time the breeder either thinks they have amerecaunas, or they know they don't have them but take advantage of it, either way most people end up with EE's not amerecaunas.
    I was lucky to get my amerecauna girl from a reputable breeder who is well known for her amerecaunas, and I did research to make sure I was not getting scammed (with or without the breeder knowing).
    Here's one website you could use, but there's a lot of them since most people think they get amerecaunas but end up with EE's.
    http://www.motherearthnews.com/home...raucana-and-easter-egg-chickens-zbcz1408.aspx

9. turtlebird2

Mar 14, 2016
    Penticton B.C.
    Oh well it's all good, we are only wanting to keep 3 gentle hens out of our batch of babies. Will be selling what ever is left, now as EE not Ameriacania.;)

10. turtlebird2

Mar 14, 2016
    Penticton B.C.
    This lil chick is 4 weeks old it and it's siblings all carry their tails low and tucked in. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by