1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello Chicken Fans!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Donut Chickie, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Donut Chickie

Donut Chickie Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2012
    Texas
    [​IMG]Hello, my name is Leah.[​IMG] I just joined Backyard Chickens (really I have chickens in my backyard!!!). I've been raising chickens for about 4 years now. I have had over 35 chickens including: pullets, hens, and roosters. Every chicken I have owned I have raised since it was 1 day old. My special little Ameraucana Easter Egger hen "Donut"(which I call her my daughter quite often) has won Reserved Grand Champion, 1st place, and 2nd place in competitions.[​IMG]All my chickens have won from Reserved Grand Champ to 6th place in competition. Due to unfortunate circumstances many of my chickens have been killed[​IMG] by wild animals, stolen, and had to sell. So I have been left with 3 wonderful great pets and family. I will be selling two of them in January after the stock show here in Texas. I am unable to keep the two due to living with my parents(and they dont like chickens). So I will still keep Donut(my winning hen) as a remembrance of everything of chickens. When I live on my own I will be looking for my hens to keep my Donut company. I hope that my knowledge of chickens will continue to increase and my love for them to grow even more![​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
  2. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    [​IMG]

3. Donut Chickie

Donut Chickie Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2012
    Texas
    I've always wanted to own a duck where did you buy yours from?[​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    I bought my Muscovy ducks from a local breeder! my avatar is a duckling my female hatched out.

[​IMG]

6. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    We are glad you are here! :)

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hi, Leah, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! You sound like a wonderful chicken mom. Love the name 'donut!' Best of luck to you - hope your flock can grow back to original size soon!

8. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member