Hello Chicken Peeps!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Madeleine23, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Madeleine23

Madeleine23 New Egg

Jan 18, 2017
    Springs, Gauteng
    So egg-cited to join this page. I love BYC! This is the first site I go to for some info. I have 8 Orpington Buffs that I LOVE madly! They are 5 months old now. Waiting in anticipation for my first egg! I want little chickies running around.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, Madeline and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. Madeleine23

Madeleine23 New Egg

Jan 18, 2017
    Springs, Gauteng
    Thank you so much for the reply. I will definitely do so. Thank you so much.
    have a lovely day
    [​IMG]

4. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi and Welcome to BYC! Happy that you have joined us! Please do make yourself at home, and do not hesitate to ask needed questions [​IMG]

Be careful, chicken math will set in sooner or later...its contagious [​IMG]

Good luck

-Mustang

5. Madeleine23

Madeleine23 New Egg

Jan 18, 2017
    Springs, Gauteng
    Hello Mustang

Don't worry, I already have Obsessive Chicken Disorder. Can't get enough of my Buffs. [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Yep, we are all nuts about our chickens.

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Madeleine, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! :cd

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Madeleine [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Madeleine[​IMG] Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by