Hello chicken people :) I'm a newbie and just found you guys!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Avrilon, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Avrilon

Avrilon Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2007
    Georgia Mountains
    I just want to introduce myself because I just found this great place and am learning stuff already - and ya'll seem like a nice group of people! My husband and I recently bought 10 acres in the north Georgia mountains and are so excited to be able to escape suburbia for farm life - but it will be 3 years before we can move there full time... and we can't have chickens in our current neighborhood (boo on that) [​IMG] Knowing it's right around the corner is very exciting for us though. We want chickens first (as egglayers and friends [​IMG]) so I've been looking online trying to learn it all. [​IMG] Our farm already has a chicken coop that is in wonderful condition (wish I had a picture with me), but it's huge. I think I will post a question on the chicken coop board to get some input once I get a picture. In the meantime, hi everybody and I hope to get to know you better. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as time goes by.

Avrilon

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    welcome

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

OOOOOOOOOO A Virgin to sacrifice!!!

I mean a newbie to share our knowledge with!!

Welcome to the boards

4. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Welcome to the family Avrilon! This is a great group of people that are extremely intelligent when it comes to our feathered friends. Don't ever feel like any question is a dumb one cause we've all asked it at one point or time. When you do get things up and running make sure you take lots of pics. Once again welcome!

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Hi and welcome to the board.

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Welcome to BYC Avrilon. I was gonna say something 'smart' but I think Coyotemagic said it![​IMG]

7. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    wow 10 acres and a giant coop! chickens galore lol. welcome to byc, im guessing that you can see that replys are found right away. have fun getting started!

8. Avrilon

Avrilon Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2007
    Georgia Mountains
    Thanks for the super-quick welcome guys! [​IMG] I'm at work so need to run, but will check back later to see if anyone else has anything "smart" to say - lol! [​IMG] Oh man, I love that smilie!

9. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Welcome! By the way, there is no such thing as a coop that is TOO large - it just means you need to get more chickens! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

3 1/2 months ago I was the virgin, err, uh, newbie. I am now a certified chicken wrangler. Or is that certifiable? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by