1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello chicken people

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by brown egg 25, Jan 7, 2016.

1. brown egg 25

brown egg 25 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2016
    My first flock this year. Im getting eggs and thoroughly enjoy it. Cannot wait to learn from the vets on here. Nice to meet everyone and healthy chickens to all.

2. jared82

jared82 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2016
    Southern California
    Welcome..new here too...!!

3. Chickletz

Chickletz Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2016
    NY
    Hello and welcome!!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Have you explored the Learning Center? Loads of great information in one spot.

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC. Good luck on your impending chicken adventure.

Ct

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. brown egg 25

Jan 7, 2016
    My wife bought them i thought shes crazy she can deal with them i want no part. Then i built a run and said im i wash my hands of this rediculous venture. Then they started laying and i do all care taking now she does nothing its like an addiction. Maybe im crazy but i really enjoy it.

8. Chickletz

Jan 1, 2016
    NY
    haha addiction is correct!! My hubby did the same thing and then one day I see him in the driveway holding a chicken and petting her like a lap dog lol. It was one of the hens we rescued so this man who thought I was crazy brought the 1st hen into our lives [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  9. brown egg 25

Jan 7, 2016
    Yea we have a rooster that lets me hold him and pet him. Before the chickens if u told me id be holding and petting a rooster id say u r crazy. I do it now not afraid to admit im 6'3' 240 lb grown man walking around holding and petting a rooster like a dog crazy.

10. Chickletz

Jan 1, 2016
    NY
    lol. I like it when our "actual" dog gets jealous. He starts whining and my husband will tell him he's scaring Hennifer (yes we went there on her name) then coddle her and tell her not to pay attention to the big 4 legged monster [​IMG] It's an "entertaining" site to see

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by