Hello chicken people

brown egg 25

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2016
My first flock this year. Im getting eggs and thoroughly enjoy it. Cannot wait to learn from the vets on here. Nice to meet everyone and healthy chickens to all.

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jan 30, 2015
Hi and a warm welcome to BYC. Good luck on your impending chicken adventure.

Ct

brown egg 25

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2016
My wife bought them i thought shes crazy she can deal with them i want no part. Then i built a run and said im i wash my hands of this rediculous venture. Then they started laying and i do all care taking now she does nothing its like an addiction. Maybe im crazy but i really enjoy it.

Chickletz

In the Brooder
Jan 1, 2016
NY
haha addiction is correct!! My hubby did the same thing and then one day I see him in the driveway holding a chicken and petting her like a lap dog lol. It was one of the hens we rescued so this man who thought I was crazy brought the 1st hen into our lives
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

brown egg 25

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2016
Yea we have a rooster that lets me hold him and pet him. Before the chickens if u told me id be holding and petting a rooster id say u r crazy. I do it now not afraid to admit im 6'3' 240 lb grown man walking around holding and petting a rooster like a dog crazy.

Chickletz

In the Brooder
Jan 1, 2016
NY
lol. I like it when our "actual" dog gets jealous. He starts whining and my husband will tell him he's scaring Hennifer (yes we went there on her name) then coddle her and tell her not to pay attention to the big 4 legged monster
hmm.png
It's an "entertaining" site to see

Top Bottom