Hello chicken world lovers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by STaggart, Aug 2, 2013.

1. STaggart

STaggart Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2013
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Hello All,
    Since I have had my girls I have always come to BYC for information and I am finally joining the club! I am so glad to be here with so many others that love chickens and have a vast amount of knowledge to share with me! I am so excited to learn more :)

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] have you visited the Learning Center?

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG]

4. buttercup95

buttercup95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Northern Cali
    Welcome!![​IMG]

5. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC. The learning center tabs above are great for info. I lurked on here for about 1 1/2 yrs before I joined :) Best of luck with your flock.

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

9. STaggart

STaggart Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2013
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!

10. pjwood67

pjwood67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2012
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Hello from Florida and welcome. Let us know all about you? Where are you coming from? How long have you had chickens? What type of chickens do you have? Do you have them strictly for eggs or do you raise them also for meat as well? Do you hatch eggs out? If you don't hatch them out yet do yourself a favor and don't start. Back away from the incubator supplies and leave the store and forget all about it. Because it is addicting and cannot be stopped once started. It is worse than Crack and Herione. I am serious. I cannot stop and there is no help available as it has not yet been diagnosed as a sickness other than crazy chicken lady syndrome. lol. Some people join and have had chickens for a while but just are lurkers and are afraid to post and don't do so until they have an urgent question or concern. Good suggestion above to check out the learning center also check out the individual state forum or threads as you might find people that live near you that have the same interests that you do or even swap meets. I have met at least several very good friends because of this web site. I went to the my state thread that led me to a monthly local swap meet. I am proud to say I can now call one of the women one of my very best friends. She is a chicken and pig farmer and also owns a country merchantile store not too far away. I actually bought eggs off of her thru ebay and she offered local pickup and I wanted to save on shipping and it was a very pretty drive to her farm. She has taught me alot about chickens and so much more. She is a wonderful mother, wife, farmer, and friend. I also have met several other people at the swap meets which she also attends that are fast on there way to becoming friends. Some breed chickens, some grow plants, some make home goods like breads and jams. You just never know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by