Hello! Chirp Chirp

MopTop Silkies

In the Brooder
May 18, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens! I have two 3 week old Frizzle Bantams and a 3 week old silver laced wyandotte that I bought from a feed store, and just last night I hatched 6 Silkies from eggs that I bought on Ebay!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 9

(3) What breeds do you have? 6 Silkies, 2 Frizzle Bantams and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? from Pinterest I think!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I have been breeding Havanese Dogs for 11 years, my kennel name is MopTop Havanese. So it seemed only fitting to be MopTop Silkies for my new chickens~ :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have been married for 21 years. Two kiddos, Son almost 17 and Daughter almost 20. I also have a photography business.

Hi and welcome to BYC and thanks for joining us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/ and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

Silkies certainly fit under the "Mop top," description. Congratulations on your good hatch - shipped eggs are always a gamble. What color silkies do you have?

Always great to have another dog person on BYC. We have many breeders, judges,
handlers, folks in agility, conformation, search & rescue. Many years ago I used to breed & show Cocker Spaniels.

Silkies certainly fit under the "Mop top," description. Congratulations on your good hatch - shipped eggs are always a gamble. What color silkies do you have?

Always great to have another dog person on BYC. We have many breeders, judges,
handlers, folks in agility, conformation, search & rescue. Many years ago I used to breed & show Cocker Spaniels.
Hi- I think I have 2 whites, a Partridge, a blue/grey, a splash and one that is unknown! :) The lady that I bought the eggs from labeled the eggs with colors, but I was unable to read some of her writing! For example the grey came out of an egg that I thought was labeled Buff- go figure!

Awesome! I love photography! I might do it when I get old enough! :D
  1. Hi there! You can call me CC! I decided not to put my real name out there. Welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy it; I know I do. I am a homeschooler, working on having a homestead, and I own a farming blog with my sister.

www.bootsandchickenpoop.wix.com/mysite

I love the song "Fearless" (I forgot who it's from! :lol:), I love the country and Tennessee. I have a bunny, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and one Fancy Goldfish. (I don't think I'm forgetting anyone! :lau)

+ QuoteReply

Back
Top Bottom