Hello dear chickenkeepers!

SimonV

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 18, 2013
Hello everybody

My name is Simon,16 years old and as all of you guys I have a passion for chickens/poultry and other animals.
I live in the Belgium, and I have 8 leopard geckos,a Hermann's tortoise,3 Gouldian finches,a cockatiel,a pair of Button quail.
But next to that I obviously have chickens,26 of them to be correct.
I have a few different breeds and mixed animals,there 4 brown laying hybrids,but I will be getting them a new home soon.
The breeds I have are Brakel in the color silver and Malinois bantams ,a more rare bantam breed.
Since this year I have been showing with the Brakels at a local show but also at the Europashow for the breed.
At the local show I got 2x95 points,2x 94 points and one 93 pointer.
At The Europashow I had a 92 pointer,a 93 pointer and a 96 pointer
ep.gif
(For who doesn't know,97points is the max here in Belgium)
With the Malinois Bantams I haven't done any show yet because I wasn't planning for it this year.
But I have bought a few very good birds at shows.
This is my 96 point bird at the Europashow:

If you guys have any questions for me I will be happy to answer them
smile.png

Best regards
Simon

Hello :frow Welcome to BYC and Happy Holidays! Congratulations on how very well your birds have been doing at the shows. Your hen is absolutely beautiful, no wonder the judges loved her. What do Malinois Bantams look like?

Thanks everybody for the nice welcome
smile.png
This is my newest rooster,hes a malinois bantam, he got 94 points on the show where I bought him.

Him with the hen I bought at the same show,she got 95 points.

More images of my Brakels

My breeding rooster( I will make new pics tomorrow,these are one month old ones)

His brother

Give me mealworms!

To answer some questions:
@kittiekat

• Yes,I've grown up with chickens ,my parents have bought this house 30 years ago and almost always had chickens.

Back
Top Bottom