Hello everyone from Florida! First time chicken raisers here!

RedCountryMama

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2020
Central Florida
Hello my name is Michelle!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes, this is our first time raising chickens. We just got the chicks a little over a week ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Seven pullets (hopefully lol)

(3) What breeds do you have?
All Buff Orpingtons

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We are looking forward to eggs but also the experience of raising chickens and caring for them with our daughters.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Sewing and general crafting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I live in five acres zoned agricultural in central Florida with our two daughters who are 3 years old and our youngest is 4 months old. We have a female boxer mix dog and a cat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found it by searching Google for some questions on hand-rearing our orps because we want them to be as friendly as possible because of our daughters.

Attachments

• 91289231_10101464631354119_679526610059132928_o.jpg
    91289231_10101464631354119_679526610059132928_o.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 10
Hello, Michelle, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Do you have your coop and run built and ready to go? Those chicks grow fast!
Thank you Tonya!
We do, my husband has put the run together and is finalizing it right now. We have our coop and reinforcing hardware cloth coming next Friday so we can get everything done. I'm going to try to keep them in the brooder as long as possible but I already caught one of them up on top of the food container haha! Can't believe they're already flying that high at two weeks! We got them on the 26th of March from Tractor Supply and I would imagine they were a day or two old by then? They were all up and moving around fine.

FARMER-CONNIE-GREAT-INTRO-F.gif
Hello my name is Michelle!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes, this is our first time raising chickens. We just got the chicks a little over a week ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Seven pullets (hopefully lol)

(3) What breeds do you have?
All Buff Orpingtons

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We are looking forward to eggs but also the experience of raising chickens and caring for them with our daughters.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Sewing and general crafting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I live in five acres zoned agricultural in central Florida with our two daughters who are 3 years old and our youngest is 4 months old. We have a female boxer mix dog and a cat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found it by searching Google for some questions on hand-rearing our orps because we want them to be as friendly as possible because of our daughters.
florida copy.gif
FARMER CONNIE PROPERTY.gif

Back
Top Bottom