Hello everyone from hot sunny and dry South Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by m.r.heavenlyhens, Jul 20, 2011.

1. m.r.heavenlyhens

m.r.heavenlyhens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    [​IMG] I have checked out this site many times for info when I bought my first 6 chicks a couple of years ago. I found a wealth of knowledge from other chicken owners. I now have 100 hens, 80 chicks in the brooder (home made out of plastic totes). My husband and I live about 60 miles north of Houston. We moved from Michigan 3 years ago when we lost our jobs there. I absolutely LOVE Texas. I think it is the best place to raise chickens. They can be free range year round! I have tried to buy quality poultry and start them right. I have several breeds. New Hampshire, Delaware, gold sex links, Black sex links, a few americaunas, Rhode Island Red, White and afew Buff Rocks and some beautiful Wellsummers. I also have an assortment of 20 chicks in the outside baby pen that I am not sure what they all are. I will never stop learning from these birds. They have won my heart with their individual charactors and quirks. I am going to buy leg bands so that I can keep track of names.
    My husband and I met at the race track in Detroit Michigan where he was taining and I was exercise riding. We work driving school buses now. Thanks so much everone for all your wonderful input at this site. I am going to go out and get some photos of my lovely girls and then I will set up my member page. I am looking forward to getting to know everone.
    I just remembered that I will not be able to put photos up yet till I earn my wings but I will post some details about my girls and my 3 roosters. Watch for my page and Thanks for letting me join! misty M.r.heavenlyhens

2. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Welcome to BYC, Misty! Enjoy browsing the many helpful topics we have around here, and feel free to ask questions!

3. m.r.heavenlyhens

m.r.heavenlyhens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Thanks so much samantha, enjoy your furry and feathered pets!

4. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma Misty! [​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] from SoCal! Sounds like quite the flock- so glad you joined and are not "just" a lurker any more.

7. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hi Misty---

welcome to the forum. Quite the change from Michigan to TX!

We are 3-hours from Houston to the West and South. Looks like y'all had a little shower from the weather map. We had 3-drops. I counted them.
    Looking forward to info. about your chickens!

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Glad too meet you welcome from Big Bear Ca. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA