Hello everyone from Orange County NY (Walden) (Hudson River)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HudsonValleyGirl, Jun 9, 2010.

1. HudsonValleyGirl

HudsonValleyGirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    Hi.

My name is Janice. I am a Pre-Kindergarten teacher for a local school district in my area. I live in Walden, NY with my husband, 2 cats, and 6 pullets. I enjoy reading, taking bubble baths, and having a glass of wine on Friday nights.

I have been raising chickens practically my whole life. It all started when I was three. My dad brought in a chick from our coop that "Wasn't going to make it". I watched my dad take care of that chicken as if it was his baby. He nursed it back to health and ever since I have been hooked. I have raised mostly bantams on my own (Silkies), but we also raised common egg layers (Leghorns, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orphingtons, and many others.

It is almost 1 whole year in my first home with my husband. He had alwayed said NO CHICKENS. Well this April, I finally chewed him down, and he agreed. He is the type that you just give him a list of the good the bad and the ugly, he looks over it, and then makes a rational decision. He said it was ok with him. I went to a local feed store and bought 4 Rode Island Reds (Known as THE REDs for now), and 2 Blue Andelusions (Lilly and Daisy).

I am so happy to have found this forum. Chicken people are unlike other people. We get so excited about chickens, and we truely want what is best for our flock.

Thanks for letting me speak and I am so very happy to be on this site.

Thanks

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Welcome to BYC from your CT neighbor. There are lot of NY folk here.

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. It is a great place. [​IMG]

4. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    [​IMG] from SW Indiana [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] and a Texas size: [​IMG]

6. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG] from Ohio! [​IMG] Glad you joined! [​IMG]

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Welcome

I'm in CHester, NY - there are a lot of us here

You shoudl check out the NY thread and also are you coming to our Chickenstock?

8. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello fellow Oranger! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by