Hello everyone, I'm new here

chic-hens

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 29, 2012
Hello, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself; my name is Lynnea (pronounced Linn-ay). My husband and I live in La Pine, Oregon. We are both involved in raising our feathered friends. My first two chicks were given to me about three years ago before we moved to Oregon. After relocating here, I have increased to a flock of 17 hens and a roo. My flock consists of La Fleche, white Leghorn, Cochin, Rhode Island Red, and White Crested Black Polish hens. I recently got a few Ameraucana chicks & I have several questions about the breeds Ameraucana vs Araucana vs Easter Eggers. I'm not clear on how it is that these breeds are so similar, yet so different, so any and all input will be appreciated.

I also recently added Mottled Java's to my flock, but I don't want to mix them. I am very excited about working with this breed, and I want to keep this early American breed pure and strong.

I am looking forward to connecting with others on this site that raise Mottled Java's, but more than that, I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you ~ and making new friends on this site.

Thank you to the people that created this site, and to all of you that have contributed to keeping it going strong.

Your new member and friend,
Lynnea (Chic-hens)

WelcometoBYC.gif

Back
Top Bottom