1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello everyone! New from Kansas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tontoof3, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Tontoof3

Tontoof3 New Egg

Mar 17, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I found this forum looking for button quail care, housing and all kinds of info. I was given 3 button quails 2 weeks ago. Fell in love with them first sight. I went to check out English Budgies and saw them. The man swapped them for another bird. He did not even know what sex they were and only fed them finch food. I have them in a 2ft by 4ft guinea pig cage. Besides seed, I've been giving them fresh veggies, boiled egg and meal worms. They were not sure about the worms until one was brave enough to attack it and liked the taste. Son bred the worms for his bearded dragon. Dragon out grew the meal worms for super worms. They are so fun to watch and listen too. I found out this morning one is a male, the other two are girls. I have an all white one, brown speckled one and a almost all black one. The boy is the black one. Sorry if I chat so much. Love to hear any kind of advice on them. I plan on keeping them for a long time.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]we all like to chat here. That's how we get to know each other even many miles apart. And we love pictures - you won't bore us. You might start by checking out the Learning Center.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from fellow Kansan, Tontoof3, and [​IMG]! Always great to welcome new Kansas folks to BYC!!! Best of luck to you and your quail! Have fun and hope to see you around the forums!!

5. miquwid

miquwid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2013
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Welcome, it's wonderful to have you here and you can keep chatting and post lots of pictures.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wishing continued good luck with your buttons, and welcome to BYC.

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG]Welcome fellow Kansan! Glad you joined us! [​IMG] Where in Kansas are you located?

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by