1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello everyone! Newbie from the East Coast

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Beth K., Nov 22, 2011.

1. Beth K.

Beth K. Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    The Funny Farm
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I got my first chickens on July 29, 2011. I'm pretty new to chickens, but I did a lot of reading before I ordered.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 17

(3) What breeds do you have? 5 Barred Plymouth Rock pullets; 5 Buff Orpington pullets and 1 Buff Orpington cockerel; 5 Black Australorp pullets and 1 Black Australorp cockerel. (Didn't ask for the Buff cockerel, he was an extra. But we like him so much he gets to stay.)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I don't remember. Google search probably.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I like to knit and I'm getting into gardening and self-sufficiency.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 2 parents, 2 siblings, and an 8 yr old poodle who thinks he's a puppy.

2. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Welcome, Beth. I think you'll really enjoy this site.

3. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Welcome from Tracy in the UK [​IMG]

4. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Beth K. :

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I got my first chickens on July 29, 2011. I'm pretty new to chickens, but I did a lot of reading before I ordered.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 17

(3) What breeds do you have? 5 Barred Plymouth Rock pullets; 5 Buff Orpington pullets and 1 Buff Orpington cockerel; 5 Black Australorp pullets and 1 Black Australorp cockerel. (Didn't ask for the Buff cockerel, he was an extra. But we like him so much he gets to stay.)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I don't remember. Google search probably.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I like to knit and I'm getting into gardening and self-sufficiency.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 2 parents, 2 siblings, and an 8 yr old poodle who thinks he's a puppy.

[​IMG] from Maine!!
    I also just got my first ones in July and now have 18 [​IMG] All silkies and standard mutts.
    I also sew when I have time [​IMG]

And don't worry about your newness, it won't last long [​IMG]

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Welcome from Eastern Canada! [​IMG] I have 18 chickens and one duck! I started two days after you! [​IMG]

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG] . Glad to have you here!

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello Beth, and welcome to BYC from Ohio!

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Welcome to the BYC forum! great place to hangout. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Happy to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by