1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello everyone, or anyone...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cock O the Walk, May 5, 2016.

1. Cock O the Walk

Cock O the Walk New Egg

May 1, 2016
    I started a little over a year ago with three young ladies, around 10 weeks old. We lost one and just added two one year olds. They have their coop and I just added a nice 20' long covered run. Our area has Hawks, owls, raccoons, bobcat, coyotes, and so on, but we let them have the whole yard whenever we can. They are (in pecking order) Ruby, a Buff Orphington, Pearl, a Plymouth Barr Rock, Opal, a Silver Lace Orphington (with Cochin?) and Smokie, a English Blue Orphington. We have a little cattle dog named Rosco that keeps an eye out for predators. I also enjoy play blues, BBQ/ smoking, and riding my motorcycle.

2. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us.

Protecting flocks from so many predators is the most difficult part of having our own flocks.

Sorry about the loss, and hope the rest continue to fair well.

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Cattle dogs are very good at persuading predators to leave. Sounds like your flock has a nice place to live.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by