Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kilkilkorken, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Kilkilkorken

Kilkilkorken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2016
    Hi! I am new to all the chicken hub bub. My husband and I saw an ad online in a local group selling fertile Serama eggs so we decided to give incubating a try. We started with 6 eggs and we are now on day 13 with three good ones. Two of the six had blood rings and 1 was infertile, but those three were all over 10 days old. We go into lockdown on July 3rd and we hope to see some chickie babies soon after.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with the incubation.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Good luck with the hatch! I also have 3 eggs on more or less the same time frame, after culling some blood rings and infertiles… (and a rotten one [​IMG])

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

I have some eggs in lock down right now. Good luck with your hatch!

5. bgnr

bgnr New Egg

May 2, 2015
    Hello I am brand new on here and have a question. So I researched a couple of threads on high elevation and messaged a few of the people that were most active about a week ago and still no responses. Any ideas anyone

6. Kilkilkorken

Kilkilkorken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2016
    Thank you everyone! Good luck with all of your eggs as well.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sending good hatching vibes your way. Seramas are very appealing characters. My friend has 2 hens as house chickens.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I am on vacation but I have read your message to me! I responded!

Quote:
    winks...... not sure you ran into this info on the incubation thread, we had a discussion and research time on it!

See if anything helps you improve! and your welcome to join us if you already havent on the thread! let us know what you find/figure out!

INFO on The influence of high altitude on the hatching of chicken eggs post #37908

10. Grandma Buswalk

Grandma Buswalk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2016
    Centralia, WA
    To Sally Sunshine: I am new to hatching. I started in the spring and posted my results on the Farm Inovators thread. Everyone of my hatches has been from the same source and all of my results have been similar. I'm diligent to monitor the temp and the humidity. Even so, I've only had about 50 percent success. I'm a little discouraged since I believe I can do better. I would appreciate any wisdom you can give me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by