Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Iggygal, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Iggygal

Iggygal New Egg

Sep 7, 2016
    Santa Clarita, California
    Hello Everyone,

Our chickens are just about a year and a half old now. This is our first time having chickens, and we have learned a lot in that time, and are still learning. Right now we have 8 hens right now and are planning on adding to our flock next year. We have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Auaucanas, 2 Wellsummers, & 2 Barred Rocks. We found out about BackyardChickens doing research on our chickens, and we have found so many useful things. We enjoy gardening, decorating, we love animals and anything artistic or creative. My husband and I have a couple Italian greyhounds, and some other farm animals. We enjoy life on the farm. Thanks for adding us we look forward to this group. :)

Laura
    The Sillly Iggy Ranch

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Laura, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community! Sounds like a great farm you have going. Best wishes and enjoy BYC! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Laura and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. You will find threads on all kinds of non-chicken related topics, so feel free to have a look around the forums and join in!

Best wishes
    CT

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi Laura, welcome to BYC! It sounds like you have a lovely flock. Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us.

I have never met an Italian Greyhound in person but have heard they are wonderful pets and your flock sounds like a lovely mix of breeds.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Laura, Welcome to Backyard chickens. When I used to show dogs many years ago, I remember Morris Firestone used to win with some beautiful IGs.

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
  8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. Iggygal

Iggygal New Egg

Sep 7, 2016
    Santa Clarita, California
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. We love watching the Italian Greyhounds at the dog show Drumstick Diva. One of our newest rescue Ig's is an old show dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by