Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by zaboy1705, Nov 12, 2016.

1. zaboy1705

zaboy1705 New Egg

Nov 12, 2016
    California
    Hi my name is Nicole and my family and are are excited to join this community to learn everything we can about chickens and meet more chickens lovers like ourselves.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I had chickens when I was a kids and that was awhile ago we won't get into how long ago though haha, so basically I'm starting over as a newly chicken owner.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 6 baby chicks and a bantam rooster Foster which we adopted who is 5 months

(3) What breeds do you have? I'm not sure of the breeds we got them from our local feed store

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I have been following some threads for awhile I just finally decided to join

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? We love camping, dirt bikes, and we have a ski boat

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I am married to a wonderful man and have 2 children 2 & 8. We have 2 dogs and a cat as well

I am excited to meet other members and ask questions on our journey of raising chicken

Nicole

2. ChickenGoesRuff

ChickenGoesRuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2015
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC!
    I am relatively new to chickens, heading into 4 years as of February 12th. I got some birds on a whim (for a 4H project) and spoiled those chicks like none other. I currently have 11 hens, 4 roosters >1 year, a 15 week pullet, and 12 chicks. One of my roosters, a BA Ivan, is so shy that my family gives me heck for "none of the hens hanging out with him". However, 6 of the 12 chicks are his, so.... LOL.
    I have a California White, some Iowa Blues, a 4 year old Easter Egger (my li'l ol' lady hen, Hedwig), a Black Australorp, a Rhode Island Red, a Silkie rooster (Sully), and some fun little mutts. I found out about BYC from the constant google searching that chicken keeping entails. I am also into training animals (like my cats and chickens), hiking in the woods with my dog, reading, and computer coding in my free time.
    I also have a snake, a 5 year-old puppy, and two oversized farm cats (Tillie is 13" at the shoulder, Toto is 11.5"). I work part-time at the daycare I went to as a kid (and many of the kids' parents went to), chillin' with infants through five year-olds.

-Abby

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Nicole

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on getting into keeping chickens again. Hope you are enjoying your chicks. Raising chicks is one of my favourite parts of keeping chickens. Ave you checked out the learning Center? I'm sure you will find it most helpful ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Nicole, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

6. kwon

kwon Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2016
    [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Nicole. The Learning center is a great place to start a chicken education. Check it out

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you post photos of your chicks and their age, the folks at "what breed or gender is this?" may be able to sort them out for you.

9. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, Nicole. Welcome to BYC.

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi Nicole, and my warmest welcomes to Backyard Chickens! I'm so glad you joined us, and I hope you enjoy it here to no end! Enjoy! :cd

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by