Hello Everyone!

petitor

Chirping
Jun 5, 2017
La belle province
Hi there BYC!

I don't yet have chickens, but I am hoping to start raising some birds following a move this summer (fingers crossed). I found BYC whilst googling to learn about chicken-keeping requirements and was super impressed with the wealth of knowledge and friendliness on these boards! I decided to request an account before I got the chickens as I would like to learn as much as possible before taking on this new commitment so that I can take good care of the girls when I do get them. Also, I've been lurking for ages and I was starting to feel a little weird about it lol.

I'm hoping to get some Partridge Chanteclers or other similar cold hardy dual purpose bird as my new home will be a couple hours north of Québec City. Brrrr! Aside from keeping chickens, I'm also interested in gardening, canning and camping! I hope to chat with all of you as I embark on this adventure!

Chanticleers are a very good choice. They originated in Canada, and were bred to handle harsh weather and they certainly do. You may like to check out a thread call "Jest another day in pair of dice.," started & narrated by Tara who lives in Alberta. She has chickens, ducks, geese, swans, hair sheep, a Llama, and three Cattle dogs.

Thanks for the warm welcome =). There seem to be a number of folks on here with similar interests. I've been taking notes of some of the good gardening advice on here! So many ideas, so little time to try everything lol!

Back
Top Bottom