Hello everyone!

Pawpaw&Mawmaw

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2018
We started raising chickens 2 years ago, this spring (2018). We have 6 chickens right now, but just recently lost one of our RIR to a predator. We have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Rhode Island Reds and 1 Black Polish.
We love motor cycle riding and just about anything outdoors in the spring, summer and fall. Yep, didn't say anything about winter!
Since my husbands retirement, we have been slowly working towards living a self sustaining live style. It has been a wonderful journey so far. We look forward to a time when we almost never need anything other then what we get off of our small piece of the earth!
One other small note. Grandkids are AWESOME!!

Hello and welcome to BYC

Grandkids are great, cos you can give 'em back at the end of the day :D

I wish you the best of luck with your sustainability plans.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

All the best

Pork Pie
Thanks! I'll try the State Thread!

We have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Rhode Island Reds
I have several of those. Faithful egg layers they are..
egg fry.gif

we have been slowly working towards living a self sustaining live style. It has been a wonderful journey so far. We look forward to a time when we almost never need anything other then what we get off of our small piece of the earth!
That has been our plan for awhile now. Gardening, livestock and self sustainability.. keeps you young!
wee.gif

We have a lot in common! The head babysitter speaking
yippie chic.gif

Welcome to the BYC Community.. I'm looking fwd to your posts..
em-connie
Welcome Cool.gif

Last edited:
We started raising chickens 2 years ago, this spring (2018). We have 6 chickens right now, but just recently lost one of our RIR to a predator. We have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Rhode Island Reds and 1 Black Polish.
We love motor cycle riding and just about anything outdoors in the spring, summer and fall. Yep, didn't say anything about winter!
Since my husbands retirement, we have been slowly working towards living a self sustaining live style. It has been a wonderful journey so far. We look forward to a time when we almost never need anything other then what we get off of our small piece of the earth!

Love the grandchildren would also love them closer to spoil more Welcome to Backyard Chickens you will fit right in

Back
Top Bottom