Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pruehito, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Pruehito

Pruehito In the Brooder

Jan 23, 2019
    I am a new member of BYC. I’ve been reading the forum and was very interested in the topics. I just wished I could also contribute, so I made an account! I am not a chicken owner, but I am aspiring and avidly read about chickens. I hope I am welcomed here!

2. Notaneggspurt

Notaneggspurt Songster

May 17, 2016
    TN
    My Coop
    :welcome there's quite a few folks on here that don't currently have any birds. Don't think anyone minds :D

3. alexa009

alexa009 Crossing the Road

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock! :welcomeBYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry. There is always space for members on the BYC roost! :highfive: We love it if you could contribute to our forums, I bet you are experienced!

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

4. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    It's great that you are learning all you can before getting your flock. Most of us lack control and get the chicks first then scramble to get out coops and runs built.

5. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Did you candle today?

Welcome to BYC.
    :yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

6. BReeder!

BReeder! Crowing

Mar 12, 2018
    Plainfield, IL
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Now that you are a member you are likely to become a chicken owner soon! The chick days events at large ag retailers like Farm & Fleet and Tractor Supply will be starting very soon. Farm and Fleet near me should have chicks on Feb 1. If you are really interested, the time to get some chicks is just around the corner. They also are taking orders right now for grown chickens that you will not have to brood, but are ready to go straight into a coop. Get an order in soon if you want grown chickens. My Farm & Fleet store requires orders in by the end of this month I think.

7. Pruehito

Pruehito In the Brooder

Jan 23, 2019
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!

8. ClucksAndCombs

ClucksAndCombs Crowing

Apr 19, 2018
    New England
    Welcome to BYC!:frow

Feel free to ask questions, there are so many wonderful and knowledgeable people who will answer them!

Enjoy your time on this amazing site!

9. Animals45

Animals45 Songster

Nov 8, 2018
    Welcome to backyard chickens so glad you joined the flock! Feel free to ask us questions and answer questions! Make yourself at home! Hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do!!:frow:celebrate

10. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal community! :celebrate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: