Hello Everyone!

Mother of Chooks

Chirping
Aug 14, 2017
Queensland
Hi everyone~!

I joined BYC a while ago, but this is my first time posting on here and I thought that the best idea would be to introduce myself to the community. I also found the fun little set of questions I could answer so people can get to know me :D

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've had chickens for quite a few years now - I got my first chickens back when I was in high school and got my first job so I could afford to look after them myself - there have been a lot of ups and downs learning how best to care for my flock over the years, but I'm constantly looking to learn more about chickens so that my birds can have an amazing life!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I currently have seven chickens, two roosters and five hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

One of my hens is a Speckled Sussex named Ruby. One is a Pale Sussex hen named Crystal. One is a tiny Bantam crossbreed of unknown origin that I adopted from the RSPCA called Jolene. Two are Plymouth Rock roosters and their names are Flash and Zoom (I may or may not have been watching the Flash at the time when they were named haha). The last two hens are little babies that are a cross between my bantam hen and my old Copper Maran rooster called Colonel and their names are Jelly and Amber.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Chickens are adorable, cuddly birds that are so full of personality and are amazing companions to have in my life. There's nothing more I love than to come home after a hard day and bury my face into a fluffy chicken! No matter what, my chickens are always so eager to greet me and it makes me so happy to see them every morning.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I'm a writer, artist and gamer!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Other than the chickens I have two dogs; a Bull Arab named Bella and a Collie x Kelpie called Angel, a Comet fish named Spot (who's over 8 years old now!) and two budgies called Violet and Wattle.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've been on the BYC site many times while looking for information or chicken care or when I've needed help for a sick chicken, but I've only recently decided it would be fun to join a community of like-minded people!

Hello I am new too but getting the hang of it! I have had chicken since i was a kid. (But my profile is my daughter) I have 9 chickens but am unaware of the breed. I have 4 cats 2 dogs and 2 guineapigs. My fav thing to do backyard chickens it the help! I have a daughter and a husband my I own a pet store.

Welcome to BYC!

You’ve certainly come to the right place for all things poultry! :wee

We’re all so happy you’ve decided to join the BYC flock!

BYC is filled with plenty of poultry peeps waiting to help & have fun!

Here’s hoping you find this website to be most helpful!! :wee :welcome :ya
D762EEF1-212E-412B-A3E4-8E1BA45934AE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom