1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello Everyone ;)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flower75, Aug 2, 2011.

1. flower75

flower75 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    Albemarle
    My name is Suzette and I am a very new newbie, lol. I got some chickens last year and they were given to me to eat the ticks, cause I was diagnosed with Lyme and it had spread to spinal meningitis, bells palsy where I lost 100% on the right side and 85% on the left, loss of eye sight and was unable to walk, all within 15 days of being bit. I have completely recovered and it was a miracle. Now I am completely addicted to them and the eggs were a perk with a family of 5, I am now into learning more about the breeds and have pekin ducks too. [​IMG] I have since went from 4 chickens to 17 assorted silkies, barred rocks, white leghorns, and some other bantams. I just ordered 15 more chickens, ameraucana, golden wyandotte, silver wyandotte, 2 cayuga duklings, and 2 khakis campbell ducklings, (chickens are all pullets and ducks are male/female pairs.) woo hoo. Love'em so much! They are caged at night and free ranging on 3 acres during the day. When they are older I want to sell the fertile eggs so any help advice is always welcome. xoxo Happy to have found this forum and look forward to making some really great friends, I am located in N.C. Please Please feel free to contact me anytime. [​IMG]

Sincerely, Suzette
    [email protected]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC from NJ. Glad to hear of your recovery from Lyme disease. I have had it twice and then participated in a vaccine development program. That was worse than having the disease. My reaction to the vaccine was big time!!

3. flower75

Jul 24, 2011
    Albemarle
    I know, I also come from a family who studies herbal medicine for over 45 years, they asked if I wanted the vaccine and I said NO, As fast as the vaccine came it went away and people were getting very ill. Thank you for your warm welcome xoxo

4. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    Welcome to BYC -- [​IMG]

5. flower75

Jul 24, 2011
    Albemarle
    Quote:Thank you!

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Suzette, from big bear, you'll love all the info you get here! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. flower75

Jul 24, 2011
    Albemarle
    Quote:Big hugs back, and thank you, I already am loving it here. <3

8. DreadElliot

DreadElliot Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Coventry, RI
    Welcome to BYC!

9. flower75

Jul 24, 2011
    Albemarle
    Quote:Thank you very much dear!

10. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG] -- glad you recovered from Lyme and glad you are here at the forum [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by