Hello Everyone !!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VedaSue, Nov 28, 2012.

1. VedaSue

VedaSue New Egg

Nov 28, 2012
    Missouri
    Just wanted to say Hello. Love this site all ready ! Love my Backyard birds.

Hubby and I just got back into raising chickens again ! We had them when we were a young couple with small children and then our lives had gotten so busy we could not properly take care of them and had to get rid of our backyard flock about 15 years ago. But thanks to my Best Friend she lives in town and had to get rid of her chickens and asked us if we wanted them we figured what the heck we were both raised with chickens and we enjoyed them when we were younger and the plus side was that our lives has slowed considerably now that our 3 girls have gotten older so we took them in !!

Now we have 1 Buff Orpington rooster and hen, 3 white rock hens, 2 black sex link hens, 9 Barred rock hens, 1 Black Jersey Giant Hen, 7- 3 month old Black Jersey Giant Cockerels, 11 mixed Jersey Giant chicks and 2 Black Spanish Turkeys (a Hen and a Tom).

We plan on getting a few more turkeys and some ducks in the spring!

I had forgotten what joy these wonderful birds can provide and I am enjoying every minute of relearning old stuff and learning new stuff everyday.

Well I think that is it for now Looking forward to getting to know a few of you.

Take Care !!

2. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    [​IMG] Glad you joined!

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. VedaSue

VedaSue New Egg

Nov 28, 2012
    Missouri
    Thank you both for the warm welcome !

5. poultrylubber

poultrylubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to Byc from michigan [​IMG]

6. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Welcome to BYC! Looks like you jumped in with both feet, what a crew you've got! Would love to see some pictures!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, VedaSue, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Sounds like a real big time poultry operation you have going there! Best of luck with your spring time additions!

8. VedaSue

VedaSue New Egg

Nov 28, 2012
    Missouri
  9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Congrats on your return to chickens! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by