Hello Everyone

termites1938

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2015
East Tennessee
We live in Eastern Tennesser are just starting our research on how to raise backyard chickens. We thought this site would be an excellent resource for our questions. We live in a rural setting but only have about 1 acre to use for raising chickens. This 1 acre is mostly sloped. Anyway we will be asking many questions as we go through the process of getting started. Thanks in advance for your help.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us.

I would suggest you take a look at the Learning Center, especially articles on raising baby chicks.

I don't know how sloped your property is but we have a sloping backyard and building is a little different than many of the coops/runs on line, but can be done.

Feel free to ask questions, we are here to help.

Raising backyard chickens is an exciting fun adventure, have fun.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Nice to have you join us!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

We'll be happy to answer your questions as well as we can! You may want to check out the Learning Center for some good information on keeping chickens: Learning Center Articles

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

We'll be happy to answer any questions that you have.
smile.png
Have you thought about what breeds you might be interested in raising?

welcome-byc.gif
. You will find this site full of helpful information. Two books I would recommend are 1) Raising Chickens for Dummies 2) Chicken Health for Dummies. Good luck with your new adventure.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

Back
Top Bottom